Savannah Praline Fudge

Not many foods say Savannah like Praline. One taste of this fudge will transport you to River Street, and trust me-that’s definitely somewhere you wanna be πŸ™‚

gooey good

Savannah Praline Fudge

(adapted from somethingswanky.com)
  • 1 14oz Can of Sweetened Condensed Milk
  • 3 1/4 Cups of White Chocolate
  • 1 Heaping Cup of Caramel Pieces
  • Salt (optional)
  • 2 Tablespoons of Water
  • 1/2 Cup of Pecan Halves (or more, or less, totally according to how much you dig pecans)
First off, take a 9×9 pan and line it with parchment paper. Then go ahead and toss your sweetened condensed milk and white chocolate into a saucepan. Heat it on medium-low until it is all melty and smooth and luscious. Pour half of the white chocolate mixture into your pan. Meanwhile, put your caramel pieces and water into a microwave safe bowl and microwave it for 1-1.5 minutes. Take it out and stir it until its smooth and creamy.
start
Pour it evenly over your white chocolate. Now, get out that salt (I recommend sea salt for this. The bigger the crystals the bigger the taste), and lightly sprinkle a pinch or two over the caramel. This step is totally optional, but I’m a big fan of salt and put it on anything and everything πŸ™‚
Now comes the star of the show.  The pecans. Sprinkle the pecans evenly over the caramel. You can use as little or much as you like, but 1/2 cup is a good starting point.
add nutsFinally, pour the rest of your white chocolate mixture over your pecans. Smooth it out a little, and let it sit for a few hours to fully harden up.
fudge
Don’t be surprised if you find yourself speaking with that slow Southern drawl after you sample these *;) winking

See you next week!

Carmel, Salt & Sweet tea,
Kelsey & Krista

70 thoughts on “Savannah Praline Fudge

1. Carolyn says:

3 1/4 c white chocolate. Is this white chocolate chips or shaved white chocolate? Can you be more specific? Thank you. I want to make this. Looks so yummy.

• kristadeedot says:

You said it! Though I must admit that the touch of salt is what really knocks this one outta the park for me :). We’re starting our Holiday Baking countdown on the blog Monday! Be sure to stop back for more great recipe ideas :). Thanks!

2. Jacki Schmidt says:

I did it all in the microwave, quick and easy. It’s cooling now, can’t wait to try it! I didn’t have sea salt so I used pink Himalayan salt!

3. Jacki Schmidt says:

I did it all in the microwave, super easy and quick. I didn’t have sea salt so I used pink Himalayan salt. It’s cooling now, can’t wait to try it!!!!

4. MK says:

Just made it and chilled it to speed things up a bit and it is fantastic! I also found these little caramel cooking ball bits in baking aisle and used the “heaping cup” saved time not unwrapping and cutting – i cut the fudge into small pieces and they are as beautiful looking as they are delicious – i just wished i had used more pecan halves.. next time for sure!

5. Barbara says:

How long will this keep? Can itbe kept covered in the fridge? I just found out that I have to have surgery and need to get started as soon as I can. I would love to make this. All my favorited in one dish, yummo.

• kristadeedot says:

I keep mine covered in the fridge for up to a week, but it doesn’t usually last that long around my house before it’s devoured πŸ˜‰ I’ve never tried freezing it, but fudge in general usually freezes well if it’s wrapped well and store in an airtight container.

• kristadeedot says:

You got it!! We’ve got some new recipes in the works! Tomorrow starts our holiday recipe and gift idea countdown, so be sure to stop by our blog and check it out! Don’t forget to follow us so you don’t miss any of our new postsπŸ˜€

• kristadeedot says:

hmm. The amount suggested should’ve done the trick, but the only thing we can suggest is maybe adding more chocolate chips? Also, make sure your can of sweetened condensed was 14 oz and not 14.5. Hopefully it still tastes good even if it’s a little runny πŸ™‚

• Emily B. says:

Was it humid outside when you tried to make it? Speaking from experience with this recipe, if it is humid out, it will not set. We made it the day after Thanksgiving, when it was in the 60’s and raining in Kentucky, and it never would set. It’s still very yummy eaten with a spoon!! But if you’re wanting it to look pretty – for giving or whatnot – do not make it when it is humid out.

6. jean hartley says:

My Nestles white chocolate chips & condensed milk burned on bottom of pan even at low heat & chips were still not all melted. I kept stirring too. Maybe I will do it in Microwave or double boiler next time. Looks OK
    though. Grandkids on the way here so I will see what they think.

• kristadeedot says:

We’re sorry to hear that! We would suggest lowering the amount of sweetened condensed milk by about 1/8c, or adding an extra 1/4-1/2c white chocolate chips. This should help it firm up a bit. Also, only add about 1/2T water to your caramel instead of the full 2T. This should give you a firmer caramel layer.
      Luckily this fudge is just as tasty eaten with a spoon as it is in bar form πŸ˜‰ hope this helps!

7. Sharon says:

I’ve never been able to get chocolate to set without adding shortening or butter to it. Would this be ok to add to the white chocolate?